O’Malley Block 23 Section 31 – site investigation
Block 23 Section 31 O’Malley is a Community Facility Zoned (CFZ) site listed on the ACT Government’s Indicative Land Release Program (ILRP) 2017/18. The site is due for release in early 2018 and the government is undertaking a series of investigations to determine the suitability of the site for development.
The site is bounded by Kareelah Vista, Numeralla Street and Pindari Crescent O’Malley – see map below.
What is happening?
The site is identified on the ILRP 2017/18 and scheduled for sale in early 2018.
Standard investigation works, including surveyor and geotechnical work, are being undertaken to better help identify the suitability of the site for sale, including the possible amalgamation of the blocks and car park. No decision has been made about the development purpose.
What can be built on the site?
The site is zoned CFZ and development on the site is restricted to developments permitted under the Territory Plan (see list below). In 2012, Territory Plan Variation 302 saw a further restriction added to the O’Malley Precinct Code which prohibits the development of residential aged care and supportive housing.
Permitted developments on this site under the Territory Plan include:
- Business agency (only available to not-for-profit organisations)
- Child care centre
- Community activity centre
- Community theatre
- Cultural facility
- Educational establishment (early learning/development centre)
- Emergency services facility (would require a noise management plan endorsed by the EPA)
- Health facility (general practice/specialist medical centre)
- Indoor recreation facility (would require a noise management plan endorsed by the EPA)
- Office (only available to not-for-profit organisations)
- Place of worship
- Public agency (only available to not-for-profit organisations)
- Religious associated use
- Residential care accommodation (eg palliative care facility)
Under the O’Malley Precinct Code, the following developments are not permitted:
- Supportive housing (which includes public housing)
- Retirement village
Over the next few weeks, residents may notice on-site investigations which will help determine the development suitability of the site. Results will be uploaded as they are available.
To receive project updates on this site please email email@example.com.