Current technical amendments
The planning and land authority gives notice under section 90(2) of the Planning and Development Act 2007 (the Act) of Technical Amendment to the Territory Plan TA2017-16 - various code and clarification amendments (272.7 KB)
TA2017-16 proposes to:
Multi unit housing development code
- Adjust Rule R9 to clarify that this rule also applies to blocks formerly classified as residential B1 and B8 area specific policy prior to March 2008 that were lawfully constructed but not under a holding lease at that time.
- Amend Rule R26 (building envelope) to ensure that the more onerous solar fence requirements apply to all blocks (except those blocks approved under an estate development plan on or after 5 July 2013)
- Amend Rule R57 (solar access requirements) to clarify this rule applies to all blocks unless subject to R57A (which deals with blocks approved under an estate development plan on or after 5 July 2013).
Industrial zones development code
- Include bushfire building requirements for IZ2 zones to be consistent with provision for IZ1 zones.
Deakin precinct map and code
- Adjust unit identifier details in R10 in line with changes to blocks due to subdivision.
Definition of ‘attached house’
- Adjust the definition of attached house to remove misinterpretation and misuse of the purpose of this type of development
The public was invited to inspect and make comment on the technical amendment. Written comments were received until COB Friday 8 September 2017.
The National Capital Authority (NCA) has been advised of the technical amendment.
One submission was received: Public comments (363.2 KB)