Recommended variations to the Territory Plan
V351 West Belconnen Urban Development
V351 was referred to the Minister for Planning for determination and was subsequently approved on 23 October 2015 but is yet to commence - Approval Notice
Variation 351 to the Territory Plan (V351) proposes to rezone area immediately west of the suburbs of Holt and Macgregor for future urban development. The main changes to the area include:
- rezoning part of the site to a range or urban zones;
- introducing a nature reserve overlay to the river corridor zone;
- rezoning the 'Transgrid Canberra Substation' to a Transport and Servces Zone;
- rezoning the 'Strathnairn Arts Precinct' and 'Belconnen Far Heritage Precinct' to Community Facility Zone;
- apply a future urban area (FUA) overlay to part of the site; and
- introduce a site-specific structure plan and concept plan into the Territory plan.
Recommended Draft Variation (3.5 MB)
Report on Consultation (236.8 KB)
Effect of the draft variation
V351 does not have interim effect.
To support V351, the National Capital Authority (NCA) has prepared National Capital Plan (NCP) Draft Amendment 85 (DA85) to the National Capital Plan - NCP DA85
A public information session on DA85 to the NCP and DV351 to the Territory Plan was held on Thursday 4 June 2015 at Kippax Fair Shopping Centre, Holt ACT 2615.