First established in 2007, the ACT Government’s Affordable Housing Action Plan has been the key policy platform for addressing housing affordability across the full housing spectrum.
Since the announcement of the nation-leading plan, the Government has:
- accelerated the supply of land
- introduced a requirement that at least 20% of all new estates include affordable housing
- implemented programs to support affordable house and land packages
- introduced the innovative land rent scheme to reduce upfront costs for purchasers.
The Affordable Housing Action Plan has also tackled problems such as:
- the provision of community and social housing
- issues affecting homelessness
- ways to increase the supply of affordable accommodation for older Canberrans.
- Affordable Housing Action Plan—Phase II (896KB) (This is an archived document that is not being updated and for reference only).
- AHAPl Phase II Strategic Summary
- Affordable Housing Action Plan—Phase III ( 599 KB) | Word Version (409 KB)
- Media Release—15 June 2012