Materials recovery facility - Fyshwick - EIS application 201700053
Capital Recycling Solutions Pty Ltd propose to develop a Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) which will receive, sort, separate and export waste and recyclable material.
The Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) details the anticipated environmental impacts of a development, as well as proposing avoidance and mitigation measures. An EIS is prepared by a proponent to enable decision makers to understand the environmental consequences of a proposed development. The EIS is required to address matters raised in the scoping document for the proposal. Read more about the EIS process.
A draft EIS has now been lodged for this project. The application number for this draft EIS is EIS201700053.
In accordance with the Planning and Development Act 2007 the proponent prepared and submitted a draft EIS to the planning and land authority. The draft EIS is now open for comments until 27 June 2018. The notification period was extended to 45 working days to provide sufficient time for public review and comment.
Representations should be addressed to the Chief Planning Executive and sent by:
- email to EPDCustomerServices@act.gov.au
- mail to: Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate Customer Service
GPO Box 158
Canberra ACT 2601
- hand to the Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate’s Customer Service Centre at 16 Challis Street, Dickson.
If you wish to make a submission it must:
- be in writing
- detail the reasons for the submission
- must be received by the Directorate during the notification period.
Please Note: Under section 220 (2) of the Planning and Development Act 2007;
The planning and land authority must—
(a) make a copy of the representation available on the authority website
(b) give a copy of the representation to the proponent of the development proposal as soon as practicable after the public consultation period for the draft EIS ends.
In complying with the obligation under section 220(2), the authority discloses the representations, which may include personal information on its website and to the proponent. You may request to have part or all of your representation excluded from the public register under Sections 411 or 412 of the Planning and Development Act 2007. The request for exclusion must be in writing and clearly identify what you are seeking to exclude and how the request satisfies the exclusion criteria. The Authority may approve or refuse to approve an exclusion application.
If your request for exclusion is approved the Authority will seek to protect the information from disclosure. However, the Authority cannot guarantee that the information will not have to be disclosed pursuant to a legal obligation.
Application and supporting documents
Draft EIS and supporting documentation
- DRAFT-EIS-201700053-01 (7.9 MB)
- SUPP-201700053-APPENDIX A (SCOPING DOCUMENT)-01 (451.1 KB)
- SUPP-201700053-APPENDIX B (ENVIRONMENTAL HISTORY)-01 (355.5 KB)
- SUPP-201700053-APPENDIX C (REFERENCE LIST)-01 (169.7 KB)
- SUPP-201700053-APPENDIX D (STUDY TEAM)-01 (139.0 KB)
- SUPP-201700053-APPENDIX E (TRAFFIC ASSESSMENT)-01 (1.8 MB)
- SUPP-201700053-APPENDIX F (VISUAL ASSESSMENT)-01 (8.2 MB)
- SUPP-201700053-APPENDIX G (REMEDIAL ACTION PLAN)-01 (14.4 MB)
- SUPP-201700053-APPENDIX H - Part 1 (ADVICE ON EIS)-01 (22.3 MB)
- SUPP-201700053-APPENDIX H - Part 2 (ADVICE ON EIS)-01 (19.6 MB)
- SUPP-201700053-APPENDIX I (ODOUR IMPACT ASSESSMENT)-01 (17.0 MB)
- SUPP-201700053-APPENDIX J (NOISE MGMT PLAN)-01 (9.6 MB)
- SUPP-201700053-APPENDIX K (BUSHFIRE RISK ASSESSMENT)-01 (6.2 MB)
- SUPP-201700053-APPENDIX L (HEALTH IMPACT ASSESSMENT)-01 (2.7 MB)
- SUPP-201700053-APPENDIX M (CASA ADVICE)-01 (309.6 KB)
- SUPP-201700053-APPENDIX N (COMMUNITY & STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT REPORT)-01 (5.2 MB)
- SUPP-201700053-APPENDIX O (ENVIRONMENT MGMT SYSTEM)-01 (1.3 MB)
- EIS-201700053 - Public representation 01 (12.0 KB)