Land Supply Strategy
Land Supply Strategy - Land Release Program
Each year the ACT Government prepares a four-year Indicative Land Release Program setting out the Government’s intended program of residential, commercial, industrial and community land releases. The Program is indicative and is subject to change as market conditions alter or as Government priorities adjust. The Economic Development portfolio is responsible for preparing the Program in conjunction with other Territory Directorates.
Objectives of the Indicative Land Release Program
The ACT Government plans for the supply and release of land, taking account of factors such as forecast population changes, household changes, demand for land and the capacity to cost effectively deliver key infrastructure and services.
The four year Indicative Land Release Program enables the Government to deliver on its economic and social strategies for the Territory. It also contributes to financial and environmental objectives by seeking to:
- facilitate the provision of affordable housing choices;
- meet the demand for land in the Territory;
- establish an appropriate inventory of serviced land;
- enable the operation of a competitive land development and construction market; and
- achieve satisfactory returns from the sale of unleased Territory land.
More information on the Indicative Land Release Program 2015-16 to 18-19.
Please contact us if you require information on the Indicative Land Release Program.