A.1 Transmittal Certificate
Transmittal Certificate to Ministers
2017-18 Annual Report for the Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate
I am pleased to present the annual report of the Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate for the financial year 2017–18.
This report has been prepared in accordance with section 6(1) of the Annual Reports (Government Agencies) Act 2004 and in accordance with the requirements under the Annual Report Directions.
It has been prepared in conformity with other legislation applicable to the preparation of the annual report by the Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate.
I certify that information in the attached annual report, and information provided for whole-of-government reporting, is an honest and accurate account and that all material information on the operations of the Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate has been included for the period 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018.
I hereby certify that fraud prevention has been managed in accordance with the Public Sector Management Standards 2006, Part 2.
Section 13 of the Annual Reports (Government Agencies) Act 2004 requires that you present the report to the Legislative Assembly within 15 weeks after the end of the reporting year.
A.2 Compliance Statement
The Environment Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate (the Directorate, EPSDD) must comply with the 2017-18 Annual Report Directions (the Directions).
The Directions are found at the ACT Legislation Register.
The Compliance Statement indicates the subsections, under the five Parts of the Directions that are applicable to the Directorate and the location of information that satisfies these requirements:
Part 1 - Directions overview
The requirements under Part 1 of the Directions relate to the purpose, timing, distribution, and records keeping of annual reports. The Directorate's 2017-18 annual report complies with all subsections of Part 1 under the Directions.
In compliance with Section 13 of Part 1 of the Directions, contact details are provided at the end of each relevant section to facilitate feedback from readers.
Part 2 - Directorate and public sector body annual report requirements
The requirements within Part 2 of the Directions are mandatory for all directorates and public sector bodies and the Directorate complies with all subsections. The information that satisfies the requirements of Part 2 is found in the Directorate's annual report as follows:
- A. Transmittal Certificate, see page 2-3
- B. Organisational Overview and Performance, inclusive of all subsections, see page 9-138
- C. Financial Management Reporting, inclusive of all subsections, see 131-254.
Part 3 - Reporting by exception
The Directorate has nil information to report by exception under Part 3 of the Directions for the 2017-18 reporting period.
Part 4 - Directorate and public sector body specific annual report requirements
The following subsections of Part 4 of the 2017-18 Directions are applicable to the Directorate and can be found within the Directorate's annual report.
- I. Ministerial and Director-General Directions (nothing to report)
- Public Land Management Plans, see page 256.
Part 5 - Whole-of-government annual reporting
All subsections of Part 5 of the Directions apply to the Directorate. Consistent with the Directions, the information satisfying these requirements is reported in the one place for all ACT Public Service directorates, as follows:
- N. Community Engagement and Support, see the annual report of Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate
- O. Justice and Community Safety, including all subsections O.1 - O.4, see the annual report of the Justice and Community Safety Directorate
- P. Public Sector Standards and Workforce Profile, including all subsections P.1 - P.3, see the annual State of the Service Report
- Q. Territory Records, see the annual report of Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate.