Customer commitments and conduct
The Environment and Planning Directorate (formerly the Environment and Sustainable Development Directorate) is committed to providing quality customer service.
The Environment and Planning Directorate's values underpin everything its staff do to achieve the ACT Government’s policies and, through them, meet the ACT community’s needs. The Environment and Planning Directorate values integrity, trust, respect, professionalism and a customer focus.
The Directorate is currently reviewing our Corporate Plan which will set out our vision, values, goals and key result areas. An updated Plan will be uploaded to the website shortly.
The Guidelines on Business Conduct guide our business and set out our expectations of staff about decision-making, risk management, managing conflict of interest, dealing with customers and being ethical.
The Environment and Planning Directorate has a Code of Service and Small Business Charter. We conduct regular customer surveys to ensure we provide high standards of service and information.
What we will do for customers
Environment and Planning Directorate staff will:
- identify themselves and provide service as quickly as possible, or find someone who can
- listen and look for practical ways to help resolve any issues about dealing with us
- be courteous, helpful and considerate at all times
- provide information that is accurate, complete and easy to understand
- where we can’t immediately meet needs, get back to you to ensure you are kept up-to-date with actions we have taken
- continually strive to make it easier to do business with us
- implement innovative ways to deliver service options that best suit business needs
- regularly seek feedback on service expectations and the quality of service received and make improvements
- promptly deal with complaints about service delivery in accordance with our customer complaints handling policy; all information provided will be treated in confidence.
What we expect of our customers
We expect our customers to:
- treat staff with courtesy and respect - staff can end a service if a customer displays unacceptable behaviour
- provide us with complete, timely and accurate information
- disclose all relevant matters relating to their business dealings
- let us know if they will be late or are unable to keep an appointment
- understand that we may need time to fully and accurately answer queries (we will advise if more time is needed)
- advise us of complaints or suggestions for improvement in a clear and constructive way.