The first step in assessing a development application (DA) is a completeness check.
To pass the completeness check, make sure:
- your plans meet the Australian Standard AS1100
- all the details of works are included
- you clearly delineate between existing and new work
- the gross floor area is stated on the site plan
- plans are to scale
- datum ground level and height dimensions are always indicated on section plans
- shadow diagrams indicate the location of buildings and private open spaces overshadowed on adjoining blocks
- swimming pool, fences and retaining walls are included
- landscape plans (especially for larger developments) are accompanied by a schedule of all proposed trees, shrubs, groundcovers and so on
In support of the site plan you may also need to include other supporting documents for the type of development being proposed.
Review the minimum documentation requirements (PDF 160KB).
Include all required plans in your application so it doesn’t get delayed.
Contact us for more information.