You, your builder or the design professional who has prepared the plans can lodge DA documents.

Submit a development application via eDevelopment, making sure you complete all the questions.

Supporting documents

In support of your lodgement, check:

If the development application is for a development that had been undertaken without required development approval, a plan of development prepared by a registered surveyor must be submitted with it and the plan must set out the dimensions and heights of the development.

After submitting your documents

First, we’ll do a lodgement completeness check. We’ll let you know if we need more information to proceed. We do this check against the minimum documentation requirements (PDF 160KB).

You’ll then be asked to pay the correct fees.

If you lodge in the incorrect track, it may be refused with no refund.

Once paid, the development application is assessed.

Public notification

Public notification is a formal step in the DA process and will either be minor or major notification. Find out more about when the public is notified.


An amendment to an approved development application will only be accepted if:

More information

Design and building practitioners can help you prepare plans and seek approvals.

Find a licensed construction practitioner.

Contact us for more information.