Other practitioners

Some design and construction practitioners require a licence, though this depends on the work they are undertaking.

Find out about:

Consumer advice

When you appoint someone to undertake works who must be licensed or registered to do this work, always ask them to show you their licence or registration. You should check for when it was provided and when it expires to ensure it is current.

You can also ask if practitioners have any professional accreditations and insurance. Licensed construction practitioners must provide you with evidence of any insurance they hold.

You can also search a list of construction practitioners in the ACT.

Don’t forget to ask questions, obtain multiple quotes for works and seek additional third party advice and support if you are still unsure before you engage a licenced professional.

More information

Quick links

Contact us for more information.