Search process - asbestos removal program - Residential properties ONLY
Property owners and former owners or tenants and tradespersons who can prove a connection with an address can apply to undertake a Loose Asbestos Removal Program Search to find out if a residential property they resided in, or carried out work on/in contained loose fill asbestos insulation and was part of an asbestos removal program. There is no fee for this service.
Before making an enquiry please consider:
- Mr Fluffy ceased operating in the ACT between 1978 and 1979
- directly asking your previous landlord or real estate agent for advice
- finding out more information about the Loose Fill Asbestos Insulation Eradication Scheme by visiting the Asbestos Response Taskforce website.
Examples of proof of connection to a property may include:
- a rates notice, utilities or rental statement in the name of the applicant
- express permission from the current owner
- an invoice for work undertaken at the property
- a statutory declaration
To apply, complete the Loose Asbestos Removal Program Search form and return it, together with any attachments, by:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- hand delivery to the Access Canberra Service Centre, 8 Darling Street, Mitchell, or
- post to Access Canberra Service Centre (Mitchell), PO Box 158, Canberra ACT 2601.