Capital Recycling Solutions Pty Ltd propose to develop a Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) which will receive, sort, separate and export waste and recyclable material.
The Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) details the anticipated environmental impacts of a development, as well as proposing avoidance and mitigation measures. An EIS is prepared by a proponent to enable decision makers to understand the likely environmental consequences of a proposed development. The EIS is required to address matters raised in the scoping document for the proposal. Read more about the EIS process.
The final EIS informs the development application (DA) which is the decision-making and approvals process. In the DA process, matters raised in the EIS are assessed against the requirements of the Territory Plan and Planning and Development Act 2007 (the Act).
In accordance with the Act the proponent prepared and submitted a draft EIS to the planning and land authority. The draft EIS was open for comments, with the comment period ending on 27 June 2018. The notification period was extended to 45 working days to provide sufficient time for public review and comment.
Current status: EIS process complete
On 12 June 2020, the planning and land authority provided the final EIS and an EIS assessment report to the Minister for Planning and Land Management.
On 2 July 2020, the Minister for Planning and Land Management decided to take no action on the EIS, meaning the EIS process is now complete. View the Minister’s media release on his decision.
The proponent may now lodge a DA for this proposal for assessment in the impact track. If a DA is lodged, it will be notified for 15 working days, providing an opportunity for the community to provide comments on the detailed design and whether the potential environmental impacts of the proposal are acceptable.
DAs are notified on the planning and land authority website at https://www.planning.act.gov.au/development_applications/pubnote
Application and supporting documents
EIS assessment report
- 1. EIS Assessment Report-201700053-01
- Appendix 1-Final scoping document-EIS assessment report-201700053-01
- Appendix 2-First section 224 notice-EIS assessment report-201700053-01
- Appendix 3-Second section 224 notice-EIS assessment report-201700053-01
- Appendix 4-Independent review (ARUP Report)-EIS assessment report-201700053-01
Final EIS documents
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix A - Final Scoping Document
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix B - Environmental History
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix C - Sources
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix D - Study Team
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix E - Traffic and Transport Assessment
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix E1 - Amended Traffic Assessment
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix F - Visual Assessment
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix G - Remedial Action Plan
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix H - Advice on EIS (CARDNO)
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix I - Odour Impact Assessment
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix J - Noise Management Report
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix K - Bushfire Risk Assessment and Management Plan
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix L - Health Impact Assessment
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix M - Advice from CASA
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix N - Community and Stakeholder Engagement Report
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix O - Environment Management System
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix P - Sample CMP and OMP
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix Q - Air Quality Assessment
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix R - Response to Entities (7 August 2019)
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix S - Response to Submissions
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix T - Scoping Document Response Table
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix U - Advice from Canberra Airport
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix V - Email from NCA
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix W - Letter from Aecom
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix X - Infrared Fire System1
- SUPP-201700053-s224b-Appendix Y - Modelling