The project involves construction of a new trunk sewer main between the eastern side of Tillyard Drive, Latham and the western side of Copland Drive, Melba; construction of a new odour control facility at Latham North; and other associated works. The EIS has been prepared by WSP Global Inc. on behalf of Icon Water Limited.
The Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) details the anticipated environmental impacts of a development, as well as proposing avoidance and mitigation measures. A proponent prepares an EIS to enable decision makers to understand the environmental consequences of a proposed development. The EIS is required to address matters raised in the scoping document for the proposal. More information on the EIS process can be found on the EIS overview page.
A draft EIS has now been lodged for this project. The application number for this draft EIS is EIS201800022. The Planning and Development Act 2007 allows for a draft EIS to be lodged concurrently with a development application for the same proposal. The draft EIS has been lodged concurrently with an impact track development application (DA201935509), to allow the public to consider all applications simultaneously. The concurrent development application cannot be finalised until the concurrent process (the assessment of the EIS) is complete. If the concurrent document (the EIS) is refused, rejected or withdrawn, the development application is taken to have been refused.
The public consultation period for the draft EIS and concurrent development application is 35 working days, commencing on 3 June 2019 and closing on 22 July 2019.
Any matters raised in representations made during the public consultation period must be addressed by the proponent in revising their EIS for final assessment by the planning and land authority.
Representations should be addressed to the Chief Planning Executive and sent by:
- Email to EPDCustomerServices@act.gov.au;
- Mail to: Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate Customer Service GPO Box 158 Canberra ACT 2601; or
- Hand deliver to the Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate’s Customer Service Centre at 16 Challis Street, Dickson
Representations should include the name and contact details of the person making the comments and the relevant application number to which the comments relate (EIS201800022 for the draft EIS, DA201935509 for the development application).
Please note: Under section 220 (2) of the Planning and Development Act 2007, the planning and land authority must—
(a) make a copy of the representation available on the authority website until the EIS is completed or the representation is withdrawn, and
(b) give a copy of the representation to the proponent of the development proposal as soon as practicable after the public consultation period for the draft EIS ends.
In complying with the obligation under section 220(2), the authority discloses the representations, which may include personal information on its website and to the proponent. You may request to have part or all of your representation excluded from the public register under Sections 411 or 412 of the Planning and Development Act 2007. The request for exclusion must be in writing and clearly identify what you are seeking to exclude and how the request satisfies the exclusion criteria. The Authority may approve or refuse an exclusion application.
If your request for exclusion is approved, the Authority will seek to protect the information from disclosure. However, the Authority cannot guarantee that the information will not have to be disclosed pursuant to a legal obligation.
Disclaimer: As detailed above, section 220 of the Planning and Development Act 2007 requires the Planning and Land Authority to publish representations. The authority is not able to verify the truth of any facts alleged in any representation and publication of a representation does not indicate acceptance of the opinions expressed by the author of any representation.
Application and supporting documents
The scoping document for this draft EIS is available on the ACT Legislation Register.
Draft EIS and supporting documentation
Scoping document application
- EIS-201800022-Part-01.pdf (3.5 MB)
- EIS-201800022-Part-02.pdf (15.5 MB)
- EIS-201800022-Part-03.pdf (4.8 MB)
- EIS-201800022-Part-04.pdf (8.7 MB)
- EIS-201800022-Part-05.pdf (12.6 MB)
- EIS-201800022-Part-06-Appendices.pdf (8.2 MB)
- EIS-201800022-Vol2-_Climate-Change-14.pdf (2.1 MB)
- EIS-201800022-Vol2_Biodiversity-Impact-Assessment-07.pdf (15.1 MB)
- EIS-201800022-Vol2_Flood-Report-Redacted-12.pdf (16.8 MB)
- EIS-201800022-Vol2_Heritage-Redacted-11.pdf (9.4 MB)
- EIS-201800022-Vol2_Noise-08.pdf (7.5 MB)
- EIS-201800022-Vol2_Traffic-10.pdf (13.6 MB)
- EIS-201800022-Vol2_Visual-09.pdf (18.8 MB)
- EIS-201800022-Vol2_Water-Quality-hydro-Part_A-15.pdf (3.8 MB)
- EIS-201800022-Vol2_Water-Quality-Objective-Part_B-16.pdf (16.9 MB)
- EIS-201800022-Vol_2_Air-Quality-Assessment-13.pdf (15.0 MB)