- How to use multi-file upload development application
- How to use multi-file upload building application
You will need an internet browser with pop-ups enabled.
Recommended browsers for eDevelopment:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer Version 11
If you are getting ‘Access Denied’ alerts please confirm the time and date on your computer is correct.
This can be confirmed by going to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/australia/canberra
The below screen indicates the DA has become corrupt and a new one must be created using a supported web browser.
Using a company account
If you have a company account you will be presented with a dropdown list upon login. The default will be the ‘Individual Account’. Please note if an application is lodged using the wrong account this cannot be changed and therefore a new application will have to be created.
Figure 1 Initial menu
After clicking on ‘Active Applications’ you will be presented with the above screen.
Figure 2 Sub menu
After selecting your DA you will see the above menu options.
Lodging an amendment to an existing development application
To upload additional documents to your DA, you will need to click on upload documents.
To make changes to the application form you will need to select ‘Create Amendments/Edit DA.
Please note even if additional files have not been uploaded. You will still need to click on upload documents to submit the DA for completeness check.
Having issues uploading files
When you click on the “Upload” button, nothing happens, you will need to disable the pop up blocker or add https://edevelopment.act.gov.au/ as a trusted site.
For Internet Explorer Version 11
Select Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab > Pop-up Blocker click on settings, then add*.act.gov.au to allowed sites.
For Google Chrome
- Open Chrome. At the top right, click on the ⋮ icon then select Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under Privacy and security, click Site settings.
- Click Pop-ups and redirects.
- Click the Add button and enter https://edevelopment.act.gov.au/.
For Microsoft Edge
- Open Edge.
- Select the dotted line icon on the top right corner of the browser, then select Settings from the list.
- Click on View Advanced Settings.
- Click the slide bar to turn Block pop-ups on or off. (Please note Edge does not allow you to add exceptions to the pop-up blocker. You can only have the blocker on or off).
- You will need to close, then reopen Edge before your changes will take affect.
The maximum document or plan file size that can be uploaded is 20Mb. eDevelopment cannot accept zip files. Documents that are more than 20Mb will need to be split and uploaded separately. Even though the maximum file size is 20Mb you may find you will experience difficulty in uploading documents that are this. It is recommended that documents/plans are generally no more than 10Mb in size to minimize the risk of upload failure.
Requesting access to a development application
If you are not the original applicant for a DA and want to submit an amendment or provide additional documentation, you need to request access to the application by clicking Request Access to Application icon on the left-hand side of the development application page. You will also need to complete a ‘Letter of Authorisation’ form and submit with your request for access.