First established in 2007, the ACT Government’s Affordable Housing Action Plan has been the key policy platform for addressing housing affordability across the full housing spectrum.
Since the announcement of the nation-leading plan, the Government has:
- accelerated the supply of land
- introduced a requirement that at least 20% of all new estates include affordable housing
- implemented programs to support affordable house and land packages
- introduced the innovative land rent scheme to reduce upfront costs for purchasers.
The Affordable Housing Action Plan has also tackled problems such as:
- the provision of community and social housing
- issues affecting homelessness
- ways to increase the supply of affordable accommodation for older Canberrans.
- Affordable Housing Action Plan - Phase 1
- Affordable Housing Action Plan - Phase 2
- Affordable Housing Action Plan Phase 2 - Strategic Summary
- Affordable Housing Action Plan - Phase 3
- Affordable Housing Indexation
- ACT Affordable Housing Sale Price Thresholds
- Ministerial Statement on Housing
- Affordable Housing Steering Group Report
- Affordable Housing Action Plan Progress Report - Phase 1
- Phase 1 and Phase 2 - Final Progress Report
- Media release: Labor continuing to deliver on our commitment for more affordable housing for Canberrans