The ACT Government is keen to understand the needs of existing and future residents of Casey and surrounding suburbs to help it plan for the suburb’s future.
The ACT Government is preparing to release for development two vacant sites on Kingsland Parade, in front of the Casey Market Town—Blocks 12 and 13 of Section 132, Casey. These sites, which are intended for community/and or commercial uses, have been identified for release in 2020-21 by the Indicative Land Release Program.
Before selling these blocks, we are carefully considering appropriate future uses to make sure any new facilities meet the needs of residents.
As such, we are conducting two assessments to inform this work and identify possible uses for the sites—a Community and Recreation Facility Needs Assessment and a Commercial Needs Assessment of the broader Casey catchment area. The assessments are due for completion in late 2019.
We will then seek community feedback on their preferred uses for the blocks.
- September 2019
- - Presentation to Gungahlin Community Council
- - Community and Recreation Facility Needs Assessment and a Commercial Needs Assessment Assessments commence
- Late 2019
- - Assessments completed
- Early 2020
- - Presentation to Gungahlin Community Council on findings of assessments
- - Community engagement to commence on use of sites
- Early/Mid 2020
- - Presentation to Gungahlin Community Council of community engagement findings
- - Sites released