Kambah centre Stage 3 consultation
Stage 3 of consultation included the release of the draft master plan for community comment. The draft plan included the vision, goals, design principles and master plan design which were refined as a result of feedback from stage 2 of consultation.
Stage 3 consultation included posting the draft master plan onto the project webpage for community comment. The draft master plan was available for comment over a six week period. The community were made aware of the release of the plan through email and adverts in the Canberra Times and Canberra Chronicle. Pamphlets were also sent to residents of Kambah. Officers from the Environment and Sustainable Development Directorate presented the draft master plan at the Tuggeranong Community Council meeting on 19 September 2011. A total of 98 submissions were received on the draft master plan with strong messages to retain the village character of the centre, keep the centre accessible and convenient and improve the public realm.
What the community said:
- Keep building heights to a maximum of four storeys in key locations.
- Allow gradual increases in retail that is consistent with the village character.
- Improve vehicle and pedestrian circulation around the centre.
- Retain and improve surface car parking that is close to shops and services.
- Retain the service station.
- Improve the public domain.
- Allow for residential that is close to the centre.