Map program products
The Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate (EPSDD) produces, updates and maintains many types of land information, from the smallest detail of a kerb and gutter in an engineering survey drawing to the extent of the ACT border.
Historic mapping program products are available from the plan room in the Dickson Customer Service Centre. Costs are set out in the fees and charges booklet.
You can also see maps of Canberra and find out land zoning information using ACTMAPi.
Types of maps available
While we no longer produce hardcopy mapping series, there are a variety of historic cadastral, topographic, orthophotographic and engineering maps and plans.
Historic mapping series products
Historic mapping program products available include:
- 1:2,500 and 1:25,000 scale cadastral series maps showing property boundary information over the entire ACT
- 1:500 Computation Series, and a companion 1:1,000 Series showing the precise mathematical dimensions of blocks in the city area
- deposited plans, which show boundary information of surveyed, actual leased blocks of land
- 1:10,000 Planning Series maps covering the ACT and surrounding areas in NSW (5m contour interval). Many of these ageing maps covering the ACT have been published as five-colour maps
- 1:2,500 Detail Series, showing the built and natural environment (2m contour interval). Coverage over urban-capable areas
- 1:500 Detail Series, field surveyed plans of areas to be developed and non-residential urban areas
- cadastral maps at scales of 1:500, 1:2,500 (urban) and 1:25,000 (rural)
- detail maps at 1:500, 1:1,000 and 1:2,500
- surveying plans - deposited plans, road plans, engineering plans.
Historical Imperial mapping series
The historical series, drawn using imperial scales, have been compiled using aerial photographic and field survey methods. They provide a snapshot of what existed at that time and can be used for time-based investigations. Drawings of town planning schemes done using these plans are also available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.