Affordable Home Purchase
To help make sure affordable homes go to the people who need them most, applicants must meet new eligibility criteria and register their interest on the Affordable Home Purchase database.
The 2018-19 affordable home purchase target of 472 dwelling sites has been identified in a mix of units, apartments and townhouses across 10 new development sites including Lyneham, Gungahlin Town Centre, Taylor, Coombs, Wright, Whitlam, Strathnairn, Belconnen Town Centre and Lyons.
This is in addition to the 353 sites across Wright, Coombs, Greenway, Lawson and Taylor from the 2017-18 financial year.
Price thresholds apply to affordable homes based on the net living area and are indexed annually.
The 2018-19 price thresholds for affordable homes are:
|Dwelling size (net living area)||Maximum price|
|Up to 80m2||$330,000|
|Between 80m2 and 105m2||$381,000|
|Greater than 105m2||$434,000|
Previous year price thresholds were:
Maximum Price by Dwelling Size:
To be eligible for Affordable Home Purchase you must:
- be at least 18 years old
- be an Australian resident
- have a total gross income for all applicants (including domestic partners) of less than $100,000, for households of up to 2 children, increasing by $16,000 per child up to a capped maximum of $148,000 for 5 or more children
- not own, or not have owned in the last 2 years, any property (including other homes, land or commercial properties, such as a shop)
- have at least 1 applicant who will live in the home continuously for 12 months
- register on the Affordable Home Purchase database.