Mugga Quarry Overburden Expansion Project
The project involves expansion of Boral's Mugga Quarry operations through establishment of a new permanent overburden bund and temporary emplacement area to store quarried overburden and weathered rock material. The new bund and emplacement area will be located to the north and east of the quarry pit extent between Mugga Lane and Callum Brae Nature Reserve within the leased area. The EIS has been prepared by EMM Consulting Pty Ltd (EMM) on behalf of Boral Resources (Country) Pty Ltd.
The Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) details the anticipated environmental impacts of a development, as well as proposing avoidance and mitigation measures. A proponent prepares an EIS to enable decision makers to understand the environmental consequences of a proposed development. The EIS is required to address matters raised in the scoping document for the proposal. More information on the EIS process can be found on the EIS overview page.
A draft EIS has now been lodged for this project. The application number for this draft EIS is EIS201800033. The draft EIS is now open for comments until 18 March 2019.
Within the public consultation period, the public can view the application and provide written comments (a representation) on the proposal.
Any matters raised in representations made during the public consultation period must be addressed by the proponent in revising their EIS for final assessment by the planning and land authority. Representations received after public consultation closes may be supplied to the proponent for their information if they wish to consider them.
Representations should be addressed to the Chief Planning Executive and made in one of the following ways:
- Electronically using the Public Submission Smartform
- Mail to Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate Customer Service, GPO Box 158, Canberra ACT 2601; or
- Hand deliver to the Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate's Customer Service Centre at 16 Challis Street, Dickson.
Representations should include the name and contact details of the person making the comments and the draft EIS application reference number (EIS201800033).
Please Note: Under section 220 (2) Planning and Development Act 2007, the planning and land authority must -
(a) make a copy of the representation available on the authority website
(b) give a copy of the representation to the proponent of the development proposal as soon as practicable after the public consultation period for the draft EIS ends.
In complying with the obligation under section 220(2), the authority discloses the representations, which may include personal information on its website and to the proponent. You may request to have part or all of your representation excluded from the public register under Sections 411 or 412 of the Planning and Development Act 2007. The request for exclusion must be in writing and clearly identify what you are seeking to exclude and how the request satisfies the exclusion criteria. The Authority may approve or refuse to approve an exclusion application.
If your request for exclusion is approved the Authority will seek to protect the information from disclosure. However, the Authority cannot guarantee that the information will not have to be disclosed pursuant to a legal obligation.
Disclaimer: As detailed above, section 220 of the Planning and Development Act 2007 requires the Planning and Land Authority to publish representations. The authority is not able to verify the truth of any facts alleged in any representation and publication of a representation does not indicate acceptance of the opinions expressed by the author of any representation.
Application and supporting documents
Draft EIS and supporting documentation
- APP-2201800033-01.pdf (70.0 KB)
- AUTHORISATION-201800033-FORM-4-01.pdf (176.1 KB)
- EIS-201800033-DRAFT-EIS-01.pdf (18.3 MB)
- EIS-201800033-DRAFT-EIS-02.pdf (7.8 MB)
- EIS-201800033-DRAFT-EIS-APPENDICES-Appendix-A-D-01.pdf (17.9 MB)
- EIS-201800033-DRAFT-EIS-APPENDICES-Appendix-E-H-01.pdf (7.1 MB)
- EIS-201800033-DRAFT-EIS-APPENDICES-Appendix-I-J-Redacted-01.pdf (5.9 MB)
- EIS-201800033-DRAFT-EIS-APPENDICES-Appendix-K-L-01.pdf (18.1 MB)
- EIS-201800033-DRAFT-EIS-APPENDICES-Appendix-M-N-01.pdf (10.0 MB)
- EIS-201800033-DRAFT-EIS-APPENDICES-Appendix-O-01.pdf (174.1 KB)
- Scoping Document