Canberra Brickworks Precinct Access Road and Dudley Street Upgrade
ACT Government Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate (CMTEDD) has lodged an application for an EIS exemption under section 211B of the Planning and Development Act 2007 for the construction of a new access road and proposed upgrade of Dudley Street, Yarralumla.
The proposal is required to meet traffic demands on Dudley Street and service the proposed Canberra Brickworks Precinct.
The existing traffic volumes identify Dudley Street as a ‘major collector road’. In order to meet the current guidelines for a major road and operate safely, an upgrade is required.
The development of the Canberra Brickworks Precinct is not part of this proposal and will be assessed through a separate application.
In accordance with section 211H of the Planning and Development Act 2007, an EIS exemption was granted by the Minister for Planning and Land Management on 4 April 2019. In accordance with section 211I of the Planning and Development Act 2007, the EIS exemption application expires on 8 April 2024.
The proposed works are located on designated land and territory land. This means the project requires assessment and approval by the Commonwealth and the National Capital Authority (NCA) for the works on designated land. Information relating to the proposal is available on the Australian Government Department of the Environment and Energy (EPBC 2017/8072) and the National Capital Authority webpages.
Public consultation was held from 18 September to 8 October 2018.
Application and supporting documents
- Environmental Factors-S211 Exemption Report revised (9.4 MB)
- Application Form-1M (4.5 MB)
- Addendum 1 (29.9 KB)
- Supporting Documents (59.7 KB)
- Traffic Assessment (5.6 MB)
- Impact Assessment Report (3.5 MB)
- Report Changes Cover Letter (348.3 KB)
- Offset Strategy (10.2 MB)
- Variation Advice (41.0 KB)
- Noise Assessment (3.8 MB)
- Contamination Assessment (959.0 KB)
- Heritage Advice (2.6 MB)
- EPBC Assessment Requirements (775.5 KB)
- EPBC Referral Decision (753.9 KB)
- Meeting Minutes Appendix (1.1 MB)
- EIS Exemption Assessment Report (4.1 MB)