Direct Sale Step 3: Develop your business case
As part of your Eligibility Application, you will need to present a business case. To develop your business case you will need to research issues such as those listed below.
- Funding sources for your proposed development.
- Community benefits your project will deliver that would not be achieved if the land were sold for the same purpose in a competitive process on the open market.
- Any relevant ACT and Commonwealth Government policies that support your proposed development.
Research your business case
The links in this section may help you obtain the information you need to build your business case. This is not a definitive list, but it provides quick access to the types of information that you may need to consider.
- Business and Industry Development – the business entry point to the ACT government.
- Business.gov.au – information about grants and assistance from the Commonwealth and ACT governments.
- ACT Government – a portal to ACT Government departments.
- Australian Commonwealth Government Entry Point – a portal to Commonwealth Government departments.
- Directory.gov.au – a guide to the structure of the Australian Government.
Land and planning data
- Environment and Sustainable Development Directorate – planning data for the ACT by district and by suburb.
Maps and land information
- ACTMAPi – maps and land information for Canberra and the ACT.
- Territory Plan – descriptions of land zoning rules, and colour-coded maps that show zoning relative to blocks of land.
- Chief Minister’s Directorate – information about economic development and business programs, policy and strategic directs for the ACT.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics – Australian population trends and other statistics.
Where can I get help?
There are a range of professional organisations that may be able to help you including:
- Australian Institute of Building
- Australian Institute of Landscape Architects
- Australian Property Institute
- Planning Institute of Australia
- Royal Australian Institute of Architects
- The Australian Institute of Building Surveyors
If you require further information or assistance:
For questions about the direct sale of land process, including how to apply, call +61 2 6205 1632 or make an online enquiry.