Stage 1 - Expression of interest evaluation criteria
Criteria 1: Project objectives
The proposal must achieve one or more of the objectives outlined by the Legislative Assembly Resolution:
- Excellence in design quality;
- Carbon neutral buildings;
- Medium density infill;
- Innovative planning and engagement approaches;
- Innovative housing products and typologies;
- Close partnership with industry bodies; and
- Options for public and affordable housing.
Criteria 2: Demonstration Housing concept
The proposal must include:
- Site block and section numbers;
- a sketch plan of the proposed development;
- indicative development program (community consultation, development statutory approvals and milestones for development on site) at a minimum;
- tenure type; and
- outline of current planning rules which do not permit the concept design in residential zones.
Criteria 3: Delivery capability
The proponent must demonstrate the ability to:
- Finance the planning/design and construction of the development on the site; and
- Either provide details of the existing governance framework, or a planned governance framework to oversee planning, construction and post construction (if required).
Criteria 4: Experience
The proponent must demonstrate evidence outlining:
- Relevant past experience; and
- Capability of the project team and design team in delivering demonstration or innovative projects.