Canberra has seen some major changes since 2012, with the light rail network under construction, new greenfield housing areas in the Molonglo Valley completed and urban renewal seeing more people living closer to jobs and services.
Further, the population is growing, we have committed to a carbon neutral future, and technology and the natural environment is changing. These shifts are, and will continue, to transform how and where we want to live and work, and how we interact with each other and our environment.
How we respond to these shifts and challenges will influence the shape of our city in the future.
To keep Canberra a city of choice in which to live and work, we will be agile and develop innovative approaches to the shifts and challenges facing our city.
We have the opportunity to build upon our strong planning legacy to shape the city in a way that benefits our current and future community.
- A growing and diversifying population
- Housing a growing population and managing expansion of our city
- Responding to changing households
- The heart of a growing region
- Building competitiveness in a changing economy
- Capitalising on Canberra's planned centres
- Meeting the growing and diverse transport needs of the city
- Responding to a changing climate